Cooking collard greens are easy to prepare and delicious to eat.
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 3 Slices Bacon
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 3 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 Pinch Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Bunch Collard Greens Cut Into 2
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook until crisp.
- Remove bacon, crumble and return to the pan.
- Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add collard greens and cook until they start to wilt.
- Pour in chicken broth and season with salt pepper and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, or until greens are tender.
- This is a perfect side dish for most any meal.