Kale, Sausage and Potato Soup
This recipe makes a delicious full flavored Italian soup. It is easy, hearty and simply delicious.
- 2 Bunches Kale
- 12 Red Potatoes Sliced Thin
- 1 White onion Chopped
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1-1/2 Pounds Italian Sausage
- 1/2 Tsp Crushed red pepper flakes more To Taste
- 2 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 5 Cups Organic un-pasteurized milk
- 1 Tsp Fresh oregano
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Wash and dry the kale.
- Remove the stems and chop the leaves.
- Cut the potatoes making thin slices.
- Chop the onion.
- In a medium pot, boil the sliced potatoes until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil into a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and cook for a few moments.
- Add the sausage and cook until fully browned.
- Drain as much of the fat as you can.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes, oregano, chicken broth, and milk.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the potatoes.
- Add the kale and continue to cook on a high simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with your favorite crusty bread.
This is a very hearty meal and is perfect for leftovers and can be frozen and used within 6 months.