Zesty Mexican Soup
This hearty soup recipe is easy to make and the healthy ingredients make you feel good for eating it.
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tbs Red chili powder
- 3 Cups Chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 Green bell pepper diced
- 1 Zucchini diced
- 1 Cup Collard Greens finely chopped
- 1 Can Diced tomatoes 15 ounce
- 1 Can Black beans 15 ounce, drained
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Can Diced green chilies 14 ounce
- 1 Tsp Dried oregano
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin seeds chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh cilantro chopped
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Chop the zucchini, onion and pepper.
- Heat 3 tablespoons broth in a medium soup pot, sauté onion, garlic, and green peppers in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add red chili powder, mix well and add the remaining broth, zucchini, collard greens and tomatoes.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and add the beans, corn, green chili, oregano, and cumin.
- Bring to boil on high heat, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Simmering uncovered enhances the flavor.
- Add chopped cilantro, pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper.
Thank you Whole Foods for the recipe.