Curried Oatmeal With Kale
Oatmeal is a great addition to many dishes, it is gluten free and cost efficient. This is our version of curry salad.
- 2 Cups Organic Oats cooked
- 3 Tsp Curry powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Handful Green beans cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Kale chopped
- 1 Cup Broccoli chopped
- 4 Green onions diced
- 1 15 Ounce can Garbanzo beans drained
- 1 8 Ounce can Water chestnuts drained
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise *
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek yogurt
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Steam the broccoli, beans and kale for 4-5 minutes and set aside.
- Cook the oats and drain.
- In a large bowl add the oatmeal and allow time to cool.
- Add the garbanzo beans and water chestnuts.
- Add the spring onion, use can substitute red onion if desired.
- Add the mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, pepper, curry powder, and turmeric together.
- Stir the mayonnaise mixture into the salad and making sure to fully combine all the flavors.
- Serve as a main dish or side salad. This is a great recipe for parties.
* See our Lady Moon Farm recipe.