Garlicky Greens With Pine Nuts
Greens are a staple vegetable in the Southern US, you can use any greens you prefer, mustard greens, beet greens, etc. This is an easy, healthy and delicious dish, which goes with almost anything. Enjoy!
- 2 Pounds Greens we used one bunch red kale and one bunch green chard
- 6-7 Cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 Tbs Butter
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 1/4 Cup Pine nuts
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Toast the pine nuts in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 400.
- Wash greens, remove the stems, roll them up into a bundle and chop.
- Peel garlic and put into a mortar and pestle with kosher salt and mash.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and salt, stirring while it cooks until the garlic is just golden and fragrant.
- Add the greens and sauté 5-8 minutes until they are bright green in color and starting to soften.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste.