Golden Beet & Spinach Salad
Here is just one more way to enjoy golden beets. This salad is not only nutritious but also simply beautiful.
- 1 1/4 Pounds Golden beets trimmed and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Tbs Rice vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tbs Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp Whole grain mustard
- 1 Ounce Spinach & Beet leaves
- 3 Tbs Walnuts toasted
- 1/4 Cup Blue cheese crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Wash and remove the tops and bottoms of the beets.
- Place the beets in a roasting pan filled with an inch of water.
- Cover the pan and bake for about 1 1/2 hours, the beets are cooked when poked easily with a fork.
- While the beets are cooking toast the walnuts on medium high for about 5 minutes.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle gently peel off the skin, rinse then slice into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- Cut the rounds into sticks.
- Toss the beets with the rice vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Put the spinach & beet leaves on a serving dish.
- Place the beets on top of the greens then mix together the mustard and olive oil and pour over the salad.
- Serve topped with the toasted walnuts and crumbled blue cheese.