Cucumber & Jicama Slaw
Looking for a change from sweet coleslaw salads? We suggest you try our Cucumber & Jicama Slaw, the perfect side dish to most any Mexican meal.
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Small Jicama
- 1 1/2 Tbs Honey
- 3 Tbs Fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 Tsp Chili powder
- Peel the jicama.
- Thinly slice.
- Stack the slices and cut into matchsticks.
- Peel and cut the cucumber into 3-inch lengths, then thinly slice lengthwise and cut into small sticks and add to the jicama.
- In a bowl, toss the honey, chili powder, salt and lime-juice.
- Pour over the jicama and cucumber and mix to fully combine all the flavors.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes and serve as a side to any of our Mexican dishes.