Wild Rice Salad
We found this dish served at The Smithsonian Museum. It is a wonderful combination of ingredients that makes you feel good just for eating it. Enjoy!
For the rice
- 1 1/2 Cups Wild rice cooked in vegetable broth
- 1 Large Tomato diced
- 1 Carrot peeled
- 3 Green onions chopped
- 1 Bunch Watercress finely chopped
- 3 Tbs Dried cranberries
- 3 Tbs Pine nuts
- 3 Tbs Pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 6 Tbs Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3/4 Cup Safflower oil or your preferred oil
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Finely dice the tomato and green onions.
- Chop the watercress.
- Add all the ingredients to the rice once it is cooled.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing together and add to the rice.
- You can add tofu for protein if desired.
- Serve with most any dish. Enjoy!
Ideal for vegetarians and vegans.