Kale Orange and Jalapeño Salad
This is a delicious and fresh way to enjoy our kale and tomatoes.
- 1 bunch Kale leaves torn off the stalks
- 3/4 Cup Grape tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeño peppers seeded and sliced thin
- 2-3 Oranges 1/4 cup for juicing and 1peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 Ounces Goat cheese
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 1 Tbs Sour Cream heaping
- Wash and dry the kale.
- Remove the stems and chop into salad sized bites.
- Juice the oranges, you need 1/4 cup.
- Peel and cut 1 orange into chunks.
- Removing the seeds as best you can thinly cut the jalapeño. We always suggest using gloves for this process.
- Mix kale, jalapeño, tomatoes and orange together.
- Break the goat cheese into chunks with a fork and toss it into the salad.
- To make the dressing, combine the orange juice, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a small mason jar.
- Shake vigorously until combined, add the sour cream and shake again.
- Toss the salad with dressing and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- This is a perfect salad for most any occasion.