Tri-color Pasta Salad with Chicken & Beets
Pasta salads can stand alone as a main course or are great as a side dish. This is a hearty and healthy recipe with lots of delicious and fabulous flavors. Thank you Kay B. from Little Rock Arkansas for the share.
- 4 Cups Spiral pasta uncooked
- 1 Cup Grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Cup Beets cooked and shredded
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 1 Cup Shelled edamame cooked
- 1/2 Cup Red onion diced
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 Tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 Cups Chicken Roasted and chopped
Sun-dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- 2 Halves Sun-dried Tomato
- 1 1/2 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 11/2 Tbs Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Clove Garlic minced and mashed
- 1/3 Cup Olive oil
- 1 Tbs Basil leaves minced
For the pasta
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F., wash the beets then place them on tinfoil, drizzle with olive oil, seal the tinfoil and bake for 35-40 minutes. The beets are done when you can poke with a fork.
- When the beets have cooled, peel and shred. We used a food processor.
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Cut the tomatoes.
- Cut the carrots.
- Chop the parsley.
- Shred the cheese.
- Dice the onion.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, cheese, carrots and parsley.
- Add the edamame.
- Thoroughly mix together and add the dressing.
- Gently add the shredded beets.
- Add the chicken and serve.
For the dressing
- In a saucepan simmer the sun-dried tomatoes in 2 inches of water for 3 minutes, or until they are tender, drain, and mince.
- In a bowl, whisk together the tomatoes, basil, vinegars, and the garlic paste, add the oil in a stream and whisk the vinaigrette until it is emulsified.
Mix the beets in last and mix them gently. They will turn everything other than the carrots a beautiful color of red!