Tomato, Olive and Cheese Bread
This winter bread recipe is like no other. It is perfect for sandwiches or simply eaten alone as a hearty snack. A must try recipe for meat lovers!
- 1/3 Cup Beef broth
- 1/3 Cup Olive oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 3 Strips Bacon
- 3/4 Cup Ham already cooked and chopped
- 3/4 Cup Oven Roasted Tomatoes *
- 1/3 Cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 1/3 Cup Green olives sliced
- Gather your ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the beef broth, oil, eggs and salt.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking powder and add to the broth mixture.
- Cook the onion in a skillet with the bacon, until the bacon is crisp and the onions are soft, and drain.
- Make sure to drain all the liquid to avoid a soggy dough and add the bacon and onions to the batter.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mix and stir to combine.
- Pour into a buttered pan.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 350°F.
* See our Lady Moon Farms recipe