Tomato Pie is a unique and delicious way to enjoy Lady Moon Farms’ summer tomatoes. This is a must try dish and it will have your guests asking for seconds.
- 1 Pie pastry for a single 9-inch pie crust
- 3-4 Tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 Cup Gouda Cheese shredded
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Mayonnaise *
- Gather your ingredients and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Press the pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan and prick the bottom a few times with a fork.
- Bake until the crust is lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Place the tomatoes in a single layer in a colander; sprinkle with salt.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes to release moisture.
- Blot excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Arrange 1 layer of tomato slices on the bottom of the cooled piecrust, overlapping the slices.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese and basil onto the tomatoes.
- Repeat layering with remaining tomatoes, cheese and basil.
- Mix the garlic with the mayonnaise and spread over the top of the pie and bake for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
- Cool and serve.
* See our Lady Moon Farms Mayonnaise recipe