Spicy Eggplant is delicious and easy to make. This is a great dish served with Quinoa or over rice. Enjoy!
- 1 Large Eggplant cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 Large Onion coarsely chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 3 Tbs Sesame oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbs Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbs Fresh local honey
- 1 Tsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbs Soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbs Oyster sauce
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Cut the eggplant into bite sized squares.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and eggplant, cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the water, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder and cover and simmer until all the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the honey, cornstarch, soy sauce, and oyster sauce in a bowl until blended.
- Add the sauce to the eggplant mixture, making sure to evenly coat the eggplant. Cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with Quinoa or rice.