Roasted Pepper & Tomato Sauce
Making your own pasta sauce is delicious and rewarding. This is a simple recipe that can be made ahead of time. Perfect when served over julienne zucchini with our Eggplant Meatballs recipe.
- 4 Pounds Tomatoes we used a combination, cut 1/2
- 3 Bell peppers yellow & red, cut in half, seeds & stems removed
- 1 Large Onion cut into quarters
- 6 Cloves Garlic with the skins on
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- Gather together your ingredients.
- Line a large baking sheet with tinfoil and put the tomatoes, peppers, onion & garlic with skins on, on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook in the oven at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Remove the skins from the garlic.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and puree.
- This is a great sauce for dipping crusty bread or any pasta dishes.