Hungarian Pepper, Tomato & Cucumber Salad
Hungarian wax peppers are full of flavor, a great addition to summer salads and perfect for BBQ's.
- 4 Large Tomatoes
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1 Small Red onion
- 3 Hungarian wax peppers or banana peppers
- 2 Tsp Fresh dill
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/2 Tsp Freshly ground pepper or to taste
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Remove the stems and seeds to the peppers and dice into pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Cut the red onion.
- Peel, halve and slice the cucumbers thick.
- In a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes, cucumber, onion & peppers.
- Chop the dill.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the dill, garlic, vinegar, oil, salt & pepper.
- Pour over the salad and stir to coat thoroughly.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes allowing the flavors to combine. Enjoy!