This tasty Indian recipe is one of the most popular dishes in the UK, where Indian cuisine is all the rage. Indian recipes can be a little daunting with their long lists of unusual and exotic spices. But once you have tried a few recipes you will find that they are well worth the effort.
- 2 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 Large Onion grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 Pounds Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 3 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4-5 Large Round Tomatoes Chopped with juice
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 3 Tsp Ground cumin
- 3 Tsp Ground coriander
- 2 Tbs Fresh ginger root grated
- 1/2 Cup Fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 Large Jalapeño peppers Diced (optional)
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Grate the onion, we used a food processor.
- Add onions and garlic, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, and season with turmeric, chili powder and salt.
- Fry gently, using a wooden spoon scrape the bottom of the pan frequently, turning the chicken.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, cover the pan, and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, and simmer for another 10 minutes to allow the excess liquid to evaporate.
- While the chicken is cooking, grate the ginger.
- Chop and measure the parsley.
- Add the butter, cumin, ground coriander, ginger and cilantro, then simmer for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
This dish is full of wonderful flavors, but it is not necessarily hot. If you would like to add heat to the dish add a few more peppers.