Kale & Quinoa Patties
A uniquely delicious appetizer that goes great with our Tzatziki dip recipe.
- 1 Cup Quinoa cooked
- 5-6 Large Leaves Kale
- 5 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Small White onion finely diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Lemon both the zest and juice
- 1 Cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Cook quinoa as directed.
- Juice and zest the lemon.
- Grate the cheese.
- Remove the stems of the kale.
- Steam the kale leaves for about 1 minute and take off the burner and let it continue to steam for 3-5 minutes longer, just to soften.
- When cool enough to handle chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, kale, eggs, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, salt, cumin, cilantro, lemon and panko crumbs.
- Use your hands to mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- While that’s heating up, form your patties.
- Cook on each side for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Makes about 8 patties.
- This is a delicious and healthy appetizer.