When we heard May was National Salsa Month we asked our employees if they would share one of their favorite salsa recipes with us. Here is one with a bit of a twist, adding chopped cabbage. The cabbage brings some depth to the salsa and is definitely a must try recipe.
Salsa With a Twist
Try our favorite salsa recipe, it is easy to make and has the perfect amount of spice. The cabbage makes it filling and another great way to sneak veggies into your picky eaters. Ole!
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 7 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion quartered
- 2 Jalapeño peppers
- 1 Cup Cabbage chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh cilantro chopped
- The juice of one lime
- To taste Salt
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Chop the cabbage into small pieces.
- In a blender add a 1/3 cup of water and the garlic and puree.
- Put the Roma tomatoes, onions and jalapeños, on the stove top and steam for five minutes, and add to the blender and puree.
- Using the same steamer, put the cabbage in and steam for 3 minutes, and add to the salsa.
- Add the juice of one lime.
- Add the chopped cilantro and salt to the salsa mix and stir to fully combine all the ingredients and serve with chips.