When we heard May was National Salsa Month we asked our employees if they would share one of their favorite salsa recipes with us. Here is one with a bit of a twist, adding chopped cabbage. The cabbage brings some depth to the salsa and is definitely a must try recipe.
Salsa With A Twist
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 7 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion quartered
- 2 Jalapeño peppers
- 1 Cup Cabbage chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh cilantro chopped
- The juice of one lime
- To taste Salt
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Chop the cabbage into small pieces.
- In a blender add a 1/3 cup of water and the garlic and puree.
- Put the Roma tomatoes, onions and jalapeños, on the stove top and steam for five minutes, and add to the blender and puree.
- Using the same steamer, put the cabbage in and steam for 3 minutes, and add to the salsa.
- Add the juice of one lime.
- Add the chopped cilantro and salt to the salsa mix and stir to fully combine all the ingredients and serve with chips.