Bruschetta con Pomodori – Garlic Bread with Tomatoes
Bruschetta is simple and delicious. It can be served as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to a salad or main course.
- 6 Slices crusty Italian bread
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic crushed and minced
- 4 Tbs Extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 Tomatoes firm ripe, peeled, seeded and chopped
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 1/4 Cup Fresh basil minced
- 1 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Submerge immediately in an ice bath.
- Remove the skins and seeds.
- Arrange the slices of bread on a baking sheet and broil 5 inches from the heat until lightly browned.
- Turn and brown the other side.
- In a small bowl, combine a tablespoon of roasted garlic* with enough olive oil to make a paste and spread the mixture on one side of the bread.
- In a skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat, add the tomatoes, salt and pepper, and toss for 1 to 2 minutes, just until the tomatoes are heated through.
- Stir in basil and vinegar.
- Top the toasted slices with the tomato mixture and serve with Parmesan cheese. Delicious!
* See our Lady Moon Farms recipes.