Gluten-Free Mac-n-Cheese with Chard
This is a delicious and healthy alternative to the traditional Mac-n-cheese recipe. It is easy to make and your guests will love it!
- 1- 12 Ounce Package gluten-free elbow macaroni
- 2-4 Cups Swiss chard chopped, omit the tough stalks
- 1/2 Cup Cream cheese cut into small cubes
- 2-3 Cups Milk
- 4 Tbs Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 Cup Smoked Gouda cheese grated
- 4 Tbs Butter optional
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder optional
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Begin cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Remove the stems from the chard and chop.
- Add the chard to the pasta as it is cooking during the final two minutes.
- Drain pasta and chard and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Return the pot to the stove on medium high heat.
- Add the cheeses, milk and seasonings.
- Stir while cooking until the cheese mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Add the pasta and chard to the cheese mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
This dish dish will thicken considerably after refrigeration.