Eggplant and Roasted Carmen Pepper Sauce
Roasting veggies is a great way to make homemade sauce. This recipe is delicious and easy to make. You can serve with crackers or as a sauce over your favorite pasta. Enjoy!
- 2 Small Eggplants
- 8 Carmen peppers
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 1 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 Tsp Hot pepper flakes
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Set your oven to a high broil.
- Place the peppers and eggplants on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Put the pan about 6 inches from the broiler and watch carefully, turning as the skin starts to blacken.
- Depending on your oven it will take about 8-15 minutes on each side, the eggplant will take longer.
- Once the peppers are roasted remove and put into a sealed container and let steam for 20 minutes, leaving the eggplant to cook.
- The eggplants are cooked when you can easily pierce with a fork, about 15 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove the skin, stems and seeds from the peppers and set aside.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven and when cool enough to handle, cut in half and remove the center and set aside.
- Put the peppers and eggplant into a food processor or blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and puree making a smooth paste.