Brown Rice With Tomatoes and Kale
This recipe is a great addition to most any meal. The key to making this a super dish is to cook the rice al dente. Enjoy!
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- 2 Large Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Cups Kale chopped
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 Tbs Butter
- Prepare the rice as directed on the package until it is cooked al dente.
- Wash the kale and remove the stems.
- Chop the kale, tomatoes and onion.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and butter on medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato and kale then cook for about 10 minutes.
- The kale should be wilted and the tomatoes cooked.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- This is a great addition to our Chicken Kabobs With Pineapple Sauce recipe.