Charred Kale Pizza
When kale is exposed to high heat, it takes on a sweet, nutty flavor and becomes crispy. Makes for a perfect pizza topping. This is a delicious pizza and we think your entire family will love it!
- Pizza dough for one pizza
- 6-8 Leaves Kale stems removed, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbs Extra-virgin olive oil
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 4 Ounces Fontina cheese shredded
- 4 Ounces Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 Ounces Gouda Cheese shredded
- 1 Cup Pizza sauce
- Place the pizza dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Set aside at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Adjust the oven rack to the top position and place your pizza stone on the rack and preheat oven to maximum 500 degrees F.
- Wash and dry the kale and remove the stems, then chop into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the kale and olive oil in a large bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Toss, massaging with hands until every surface of the kale is coated in oil.
- Put the kale on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 4-7 minutes until the leaves become crispy.
- Grate the cheeses.
- When ready to bake, transfer the pizza dough to a floured surface.
- Stretch or roll into a thin circle and put on your pizza stone.
- Turn down the oven to 450 degrees F and bake the crust for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with sauce and grated cheese.
- Add the kale chips.
- Bake, rotating occasionally, until cheese has melted and edges are starting to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.