Dandelion Greens Pesto
Pesto is an adaptable treat, with many different ways to make it and equally as many different ways to serve it. This is our version of Dandelion Pesto. Enjoy!
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin seeds
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup Freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 Bunch Dandelion greens about 2 cups loosely packed
- 1 Tbs Lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Hot pepper flakes
- To taste Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds until just fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Chop the dandelion greens.
- Put the pumpkin seeds and garlic in a food processor.
- Pulse the garlic and pumpkin seeds together until very finely chopped.
- Add the greens to the food processor.
- Add Parmesan cheese, hot peppers, salt, oil, and lemon juice. Then process continuously until combined.
- Stopping the processor when needed to scrape the sides, adding more oil if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.