Beans With Kale & Beet Leaves
Beans, kale & beet leaf soup, is a delicious vegan, healthy and hearty meal.
- 2 Cups Dried beans we used a mixed combo
- 2 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Bunch Beet greens
- 1 Bunch Kale
- Vegetable broth to cover, about 5 cups
- 1 Can Ro-Tel canned tomatoes with chilies
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Soak the beans for 8 hours, drain and set aside.
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Remove the stems and chop the kale.
- we used two different kinds of kale.
- Wash and chop the beet leaves.
- Mince the garlic.
- Chop the onion.
- In a soup pot heat up the oil, add onion and garlic, cook until the onion is tender and clear.
- Add beans and the vegetable stock, bring to a boil then lower the heat and cook on medium until the beans soften, this may take a few hours, beans tend to cook at different rates, so just keep an eye on them.
- Add the kale and beet leaves and cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the Ro-tel, salt and pepper and cook just until heated through.
- This is a delicious and hearty meal perfect for the winter.
You can also cook the beans in a crockpot adding the greens and tomatoes at the end. * See our Lady Moon Farms recipe