Sautéed Kale and Beet Greens
Looking for another delicious way to cook up your favorite greens? Check out this easy recipe that uses kale and beet greens (and would work with many other greens as well!). We love this recipe cooked in ghee made from grass-fed butter (Simple Ghee brand works great!).
- 1 Bunch Kale ribs removed, chopped
- 1 Bunch Beet greens chopped
- 2 Tbs Coconut oil, Ghee, Butter, or Fat (such as Lard)
- To taste Sea salt
- 1 Tbs Apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 Tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- Gently wash the kale and beet greens under cool running water.
- Remove and discard the ribs from the kale and chop.
- Chop the beet greens.
- Dice the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 10-15 minutes, until glossy.
- Add the beet and kale greens, salt, pepper and sauté.
- Once the greens are tender, just before serving add the apple cider vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately.