Corn Bread Oyster Stuffing
Oyster stuffing is delicious and a perfect addition to your holiday dinner. This is a great way to use kale ribs that are often discarded when cooking.
- 1 Twin pack corn bread stuffing mix
- 1-10 Ounces Raw oysters drained, reserving the liquid. Canned oysters are ok.
- 1 Large Onion finely chopped
- 1 Cup Kale ribs chopped
- 1 Carrot finely chopped
- 1 Stick Butter
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 Leaves Fresh sage minced
- 2 Sprigs Fresh thyme
- 1/8 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- Gather your ingredients and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the onion, carrots and kale ribs.
- Chop the fresh herbs.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat; add onions, garlic, kale ribs and carrots, sauté until translucent.
- Add thyme, sage and oysters, breaking them us as they cook with a wooden spoon.
- Add breadcrumbs, the reserved oyster liquid and chicken broth (1-2 cups), to your desired consistency.
- Add cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, and Parmesan cheese and stir to fully combine.
- Place in a greased casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes, covering with tinfoil for first 30. Enjoy!