Zucchini & Chard Lasagna
Lasagna is the perfect comfort food. This version is easy to make and replaces the noodles with zucchini which make it gluten free. You can use butternut squash in replace of the zucchini if you wish. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2-3 Large Zucchini peeled and sliced 1/8thick
- 1 Bunch Chard stemmed and chopped
- 1 lb Sausage
- 2 Tsp Dried thyme
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 2-3 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 3/4 Cup Chicken broth
- Collect your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet on medium high add the coconut oil, onion and garlic.
- Cook until the onions are soft. Add the sausage, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with 1/3 of the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a layer of chard over the zucchini.
- Next layer 1/2 the sausage and sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese(s).
- Place another layer of zucchini, chard, the remaining sausage and sprinkle with cheese.
- Put the final layer of zucchini on top of the lasagna and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Pour the chicken broth over the entire dish. Cover with aluminum foil and seal the edges tightly. Cook in the oven for 1 hour.