Homemade Sloppy Joe’s
Everyone loves Sloppy Joe’s! This recipe was created by a mom who was trying to get more veggies into her family. This is the perfect meal for the entire family. Easy to make and perfect for leftovers.
- 1 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 Lb Grass fed ground beef
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 2 Tsp Chili pepper
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbs Lawrey’s seasoning
- 1/3 Cup Brown sugar
- 3 Large Tomatoes diced
- 1/4 Cup Homemade ketchup *
- 1/4-1/2 Cup BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbs Tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Get your ingredients together.
- Dice the carrot into small pieces
- Using a large skillet heat up on medium high heat and add the coconut oil.
- Add the onion, carrot, garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add the beef and cook until almost done.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the water, and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Continue to cook until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add the water and cover the skillet with a lid and cook on simmer unit the water is fully absorbed.
- Serve on top of your favorite burger buns. Enjoy!
Dicing your veggies up small is one way to hide them in your favorite foods. * – See our Lady Moon Farms Homemade Ketchup recipe.