Tzatziki is delicious, healthy and goes great with just about anything.
- 3 Cucumbers peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tsp Garlic minced
- 2 Tbs Fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Fresh mint chopped
- 1 Tbs Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs Fresh lemon juice
- Gather your ingredients tougher.
- Juice the lemon.
- Peel, cut and seed the cucumbers.
- In a colander, toss together cucumbers and 1teaspoon salt.
- Place colander in sink, and let cucumbers drain for 20 to 30 minutes.
- With a clean cloth or paper towel, press the cucumbers to extract excess liquid.
- Chop into small pieces.
- Transfer to a bowl; mix in yogurt, garlic, dill, mint, oil, lemon juice, and remaining teaspoon salt.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour to allow flavors to blend; serve at room temperature.
- This goes great with our Kale Patties.