Jicama is often referred to as the Mexican Turnip. It is low in fat and full of potassium. When picking out jicama, look for firm, round tubers. You can store them in a cool dark place for up to four weeks.
Sexy Mexican Salad
This is a great side salad for any Mexican dish or the perfect party dish, a unique recipe that is like no other.
For the salad:
- 1 Jicama chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Orange peeled and separated, depending on the size of the jicama, more if needed
- 1 Red onion thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- ½ Cup Olive oil
- ½ Tsp Chili powder
- The juice of one lime
- 1/4 Cup Fresh cilantro
- The juice of 1/2 an orange
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Juice the lime and orange.
- Chop the jicama.
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the dressing together and pour over the salad just before serving.
Thank you Linda M. from Huntington Beach, California.