The Perfect Winter Chili With Kale
Hands down, this is the best chili recipe you will ever make. Easy to prepare and a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbs Coconut oil
- 2 Pounds Sirloin steaks cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 Pound Grass fed ground beef
- 12 Ounces Chorizo sausage casing removed, or tofu chorizo
- 1 Large Yellow onion coarsely chopped
- 1 Bunch Kale stemmed and chopped
- 1/4 Cup Chili powder
- 1 Tbs Garlic salt
- 2 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Dried basil
- 4 Pounds Tomatoes chopped or (2-14 ounce cans peeled whole tomatoes, undrained)
- 2- 14 Ounce Beef broth or vegetable broth
- 1 Cup Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 Bay leaves
- 2 Jalapeño peppers stems removed and slit lengthwise
- 1 Tbs Yellow cornmeal
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 1 Cup Cheddar cheese grated, to garnish, optional
- 1 Cup Sour Cream or plain yogurt, to garnish
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Chop the onion.
- Place the oil in a large heavy pot over medium high heat.
- Brown the sirloin in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the ground beef, chorizo, and onions to the pot and brown, breaking up the ground beef.
- Return the sirloin to the pot.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except for the garnishes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours.
- Before serving discard cinnamon stick, bay leaves.
- Serve with grated cheese and sour cream.
Substitute beans for the meat and Tofu chorizo for the pork chorizo for vegan/vegetarian recipe, 2-15 ounce cans organic kidney beans, and 2-15 ounce cans white beans.