Enchiladas With Chard
Looking for a healthy twist to your favorite Mexican dish? Try our Enchiladas with Chard. Fantastic!
- 1 Bunch Chard washed, stemmed, leaves chopped
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Jalapeño peppers seeded and minced
- 1 28 Ounce Can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Cup Sharp cheddar cheese optional
- 2 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 Bunch Green onions sliced
- 1/2 Cup Black olives sliced
- 8-12 Corn Tortillas
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Seed and chop the jalapeño pepper.
- Stem and chop the chard.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Make an ice bath by filling a large bowl with water and add ice cubes.
- Cook the chard in the boiling water for 2 minutes, strain and submerge into the ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- In a large skillet, heat up the coconut oil and add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add the chard and jalapeño and cook for an additional two minutes.
- In a small shallow saucepan, heat up a cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, submerge it into the sauce and cook for 60 seconds.
- Using tongs, gently remove the tortilla and place in a casserole dish, fill with the chard mixture, adding a small amount of cheese, if using.
- Roll the tortilla over leaving the seam on the bottom.
- Repeat until the dish is full. Top with the remaining sauce, green onions and black olives.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.