Sugo di Pomodori Fresco – Uncooked Tomato Sauce
Marvelous ripe tomatoes and fresh herbs are essential for this most simple and exquisite of sauces. Make it several hours in advance and let stand at room temperature to develop the fullest flavor. Serve over spaghetti, angel hair, or fettuccine.
- 3 Firm Tomatoes large, peeled, seeded, & finely chopped
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic finely minced
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 1/3-1/2 Cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh basil minced
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Immediately submerge in ice water.
- Remove the seeds and finely chop.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the olive oil in a stream, then stir in the basil leaves.
- For a smoother sauce, place all of the ingredients in a food processor and puree’ except for the basil leaves.
- Pour the puree’ into a bowl and stir in the basil leaves and top with cheese.
- Makes about 2 cups.
- It is simply delicious!