Spicy Tomato and Tomatillo Salsa
There are endless versions of home made salsa recipes. This is definitely different with a bit of a bite. You can make it as mild or hot as you like, by adding more or less peppers. Enjoy!
- 15-18 Tomatillos
- 3 Large Tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1/2 Jar Hot Chili Peppers we used Mezzetta, drained
- 1/2 Large White onion cut into quarters
- 1 Bunch Fresh cilantro stems removed
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Ground cumin
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Take the outer shell off the tomatillos.
- They will resemble green tomatoes. Once the outer shell has been removed they will be sticky, so wash with cold water rubbing each one.
- Put the tomatillos into a pot of boiling water and cook until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove carefully with a slotted spoon so they don’t break and place into a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend.
- This is a great sauce for chicken dishes or chips and salsa.
- If you would like it a bit creamier add an avocado when blending. Ole!