Killer Kale Pesto
There is nothing more delicious than fresh pesto, whether you are serving it over pasta, chicken or as a dip. This is a healthy rich twist to the traditional recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 Cup Pecan halves raw
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin seeds freshly toasted
- 3/4 Cup Olive oil
- 1 Cup Kale chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh basil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh parsley
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 5 Tbs Fresh lemon juice
- 5 Tbs Parmesan cheese
- Gather your ingredients together and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay the pumpkin seeds on a flat tray and pop into the oven while it heats (A trick with dry roasting nuts – put them in the oven while it gradually reaches temperature, this keeps them roasting evenly and prevents that dreaded over roasting). Toast until the nuts are fragrant and turning golden, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients.
- While the nuts roast add the remaining ingredients to the blender, starting with the pecans first and ending with the cheese.
- Once toasted, add the seeds to the blender while still warm – the heat will assist in blending and the result is in a smooth and rich flavor.
- Blend on high and move around with a spatula to get it going, until you reach a thick well-mixed consistency and there are no bits of kale left. Serve warm over pasta.
Thanks to “In Pursuit of More” for the delicious recipe. This is also great with shrimp.