Iceberg Wedge Salad
Craving a wedge salad? It is easy to make at home with this delicous Iceberg Wedge Salad recipe. Just one more way to enjoy our Lady Moon Farms cherry tomatoes.
- 4 Ounces Bacon thick sliced
- 1/2 small Shallot finely chopped
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tbs Fresh chives chopped
- 1 Tbs White wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Blue cheese crumbled
- 3/4 Cup Grape tomatoes
- 1/2 Red onion thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 Avocado
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 1 Head of iceberg lettuce cut into 4 wedges
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-low heat, until crisp, 5–7 minutes; transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- When cool chop into pieces.
- Whisk shallots, sour cream, buttermilk, chives, and white wine vinegar in a small bowl; fold in blue cheese.
- Season dressing generously with kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and more vinegar, if needed.
- Cut 1 small head of iceberg lettuce into 4 wedges; place on plates and spoon dressing over.
- Top with bacon, red onion, tomatoes, avocado, more crumbled blue cheese and chopped chives.
- This is a wonderfully delicious salad. Enjoy!