Hamburger & Tomato Soup
A hearty, filling and healthy soup. Ideal for cold and rainy days.
- 2 Tsp Olive oil
- 2-1/2 Pounds Grass fed ground beef
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 2 Stalks Celery diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 5 Tomatoes diced
- 3 Cups Beef broth or beef Stock, more if needed
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper seeded and diced
- 1 Red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 Green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 4 Carrots peeled and sliced
- 5 Red Potatoes chopped
- 3 Tbs Homemade ketchup or tomato paste
- 1/2 Tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Fresh parsley
- 1/2 Tsp Ground oregano
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan on medium high, heat up the olive oil and add the garlic.
- Add the onion and celery.
- Sauté the onion mixture for a few minutes to get the juices going.
- Cut, seed and chop the bell peppers.
- Peel the carrots, chopping them in 1/4 inch slices.
- Dice the celery.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Chop the potatoes.
- Add the meat and brown and drain off any fat.
- In a large soup pot add all the ingredients.
- Stir to combine the ingredients together and bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat simmering the soup for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Do not over cook you don't want them to become mushy.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
* See our Lady Moon Farms recipe for homemade tomato ketchup.