Vegan Tomato Tart
This is a healthy and delicious vegan tart. You can add most any vegetables to this dish. Enjoy!
For the Crust:
- 3 Cups Walnuts
- 1 Tbs Nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
For the filling:
- 3 Cups Walnuts soaked overnight*
- 2 Tbs Lemon juice
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Cup Spinach leaves packed
- 1 Cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbs Nutritional yeast
- For the crust: Place the walnuts, yeast, olive oil and salt in the food processor and blend for about 1 minute.
- The dough will form into a ball.
- Press the crust into the tart pan, and bake at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, and bake at the same time with the crust, at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, just until softened.
- For the filling: Combine the soaked walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and salt in a food processor and pulse numerous times to mix making the mixture into large crumbs.
- Add the spinach and pulse until the spinach is chopped and the mixture is fully combined.
- Spread the filling over the crust.
- Top with tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow it to set.
If you would like to make this raw dish dehydrate the crust overnight at 200 degrees. Put the tomatoes into the dehydrator at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.