Dandelion Sauté With Sausage
This is a delicious recipe and a creative way to get healthy greens into your picky eaters.
- 1 Bunch Dandelion greens chopped
- 2-3 Tbs Water
- 2-3 Tbs Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Bunch Fresh parsley finely chopped
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Pinch Hot pepper flakes optional
- 2 Pounds Sausage
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat, add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the dandelions and sauté until they are al dente.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Chop the parsley.
- Using the same skillet, add the sausage, garlic, parsley, salt and hot pepper.
- Cook on medium heat until they the sausage is fully cooked and add the water.
- Add the dandelions to the sausage and heat through.
- Serve with a salad and crusty bread.
This is a fabulous dish when served with red or white sauce over pasta noodles. Simply delicious!