Summer is the perfect time to experiment cooking with zucchini. If you haven’t Julienned your veggies yet, this is a great beginner dish, simple and delicious. Enjoy!
- 4-5 Large Zucchini’s
- 3 Large Tomatoes chopped
- 6 Spring onions diced
- 1 Cup Broccoli pieces
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Tbs Fresh ginger root finely chopped
- 3 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 Tbs Fresh basil
- 1 Tsp Fresh oregano
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese shredded, optional
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Using a julienne slicer cut the zucchini.
- Place in a colander, sprinkle with sea salt and mix thoroughly.
- Allow any excess fluid to drain from the zucchini for 20 about minutes.
- Chop the other ingredients while the zucchini is draining.
- In a large saucepan add the oil and sauté the spring onions and ginger root for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables except the zucchini, then over a medium heat sauté until the broccoli is cooked but still crunchy 4-5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes, but don’t over cook.
- The zucchini should remain a little crunchy.
- Top with Parmesan if desired and serve. Enjoy!
You can substitute the coconut oil for butter and or olive oil.