Enjoying healthy and refreshing summertime deserts is one way to get through those hot summer days. Watermelon is full of antioxidants and offers high amounts of lycopene, which has been found to be protective against certain forms of cancer. Our Watermelon Sorbet is sugar free and simple to make.
Who doesn’t have summer memories of eating watermelon or ice cream? We have combined the two favorites making a delicious Watermelon Sorbet. Enjoy!
- 4-5 Cups Watermelon
- The juice of one lime
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/8 Tsp Guar Gum optional
- Cut the watermelon into chunks.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until the honey is mixed and the watermelon is pureed.
- Freeze the watermelon for at least 6 hours.
- Return to the food processor and using the pulse button, pulse into a nice sorbet texture.
- Using an ice cream scoop serve and enjoy immediately.