Valentines Day Beets
Putting a touch of romance into vegetables is no bad thing. This is a sweet little dish that is healthy and easy to make. Enjoy!
- 3 Large Beets
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 10 Ounces Goat cheese
- 2 Tbs Milk
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse the beets and trim off any leafy tops.
- Cover with olive oil, wrap completely in aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Roast until tender and easily pierced with a knife, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on size. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In the widest area of the beet, cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Using a sharp knife or cookie cutter cut out heart shapes.
- Mix the goat cheese, salt, pepper and milk.
- Place the goat cheese on top of a beet slice and top with another beet slice.
- You can serve alone or with salad greens. Enjoy!