This is a great brunch dish or any time dish. It is easy to make and one more delicious way to enjoy our Lady Moon Farms cherry tomatoes.
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 Leeks chopped
- 1 Bunch Green onions chopped
- 1 Onion diced
- To taste Salt & pepper
- 1 Pie crust
- 1-1/2 Cups Sharp cheddar cheese grated or gouda, jack or Swiss
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 1/2 Cups Lady Moon Farms Grape Tomatoes cut in 1/2
- 1 whole Egg
- 1/8 Cup Milk
- 1/8 Cup Fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Chop the leeks and onions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the coconut oil, onions, leeks, salt, and pepper and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and deep golden brown and set aside.
- Roll out the piecrust and fit to your tart pan.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheeses in a single layer over the crust.
- Top with the caramelized onions.
- Lay the tomatoes over the onion mixture.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the tart.
- Mix together the egg and milk in a small bowl and brush it all over the crust around the edge of the tart.
- Bake the tart for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
Watching carefully to make sure the crust doesn't burn; if the crust browns too quickly turn the oven down to 425 F.