Steamed Eggplant with Sesame Seeds & Spring Onions
Looking for a unique and healthy side? We suggest that you try our Steamed Eggplant with Sesame Seeds & Spring Onions recipe.
- 2 Eggplants topped and peeled
- 5 Green onions white and green parts only
- 1 Tbs Sesame seeds toasted
For the sauce
- 2 1/2 Tsp Mirin
- 1/2 Tsp Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce or Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 2 1/2 Tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Maple syrup
- 2 Tsp Fresh ginger root peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Top and peel the eggplants.
- Cut into halves.
- Fill a large steamer pot with water and place the eggplants into the steamer, then cover with a tight lid. Use tin foil to seal the edges if needed.
- Steam for 30 minutes.
- While the eggplants are steaming mix together the mirin, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, syrup, ginger, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Chop the spring onions.
- Toast the sesame seeds.
- Allow the eggplants to cool and shred into thin strips.
- Drain in a colander for about 15 minutes.
- Once the eggplant has been fully drained of any excess water mix with the sesame seeds and onions.
- Toss the eggplant mixture with the dressing, stirring thoroughly, to fully combine.
- Allow to marinate for 10 minutes and serve!