Eggplant with Potatoes and Tomatoes
This is an elegant dish, pleasing to the eyes and full of flavors for the palate, perfect for brunch.
- 4 Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 Red onion diced
- 2 Tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Fresh flat-leaf parsley stems removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 2 Eggplants cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Cup Sunflower oil
- 2 Pounds Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 4-6 Eggs poached
- 1/4 Cup Fresh cilantro stems removed and chopped
- To taste Salt & pepper
- Chop the tomatoes and put into a colander for a half hour to drain off any excess liquid.
- Dice the onions.
- Chop the parsley.
- In a mixing bowl add the onion, vinegar, parsley, 1/4 teaspoon salt and Sriracha sauce.
- Mix to fully combine the flavors.
- Chop the eggplants.
- Put into a colander and sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and let it set for 30 minutes to remove any excess liquid then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Pour 1 cup of olive oil and 1 cup of sunflower oil into a large frying pan and place on high heat. Add the eggplant in batches and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- With a slotted spoon carefully remove the eggplant onto paper towels and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the potatoes for 5 minutes and drain.
- Remove the oil from the frying pan leaving only 3 tablespoons of oil and fry the potatoes for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the tahini with 1/4 cup of water, lemon juice, garlic and a dash of salt and whisk together.
- Put the eggplant into a large casserole dish.
- Add the potatoes and tomatoes mixture then stir all the ingredients together.
- Top with the cilantro and tahini dressing.
- Poach the eggs and place on top of the dish and serve!