Red Onions With Walnut Salsa
This is a fun salad with unique ingredients. The perfect dish for summer BBQ’s.
- 4 Red onions
- 1 1/2 Tbs Olive oil
- 2 Cups Arugula
- 1/2 Cup Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Ounces Goat cheese broken into chunks
- 2/3 Cup Walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Clove Garlic crushed
- 2 Tbs Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove the tails and tops of the onions.
- Peel the onions.
- Cut into rings, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with tin foil and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until the onions are cooked and golden brown on top. If they are not taking on much color put under the broiler for a minute or two.
- While the onions are cooking, mix the salsa ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Chop the parsley.
- Wash and tear the arugula into bite sized pieces.
- Mix the arugula and parsley together.
- Top the arugula mixture with the warm onions, goat cheese and half the salsa, gently toss keeping the onions intact.
- Serve with the remaining salsa. Enjoy!