Gummy Zucchini Treats
If you are trying to get your kids to enjoy healthy snacks here is the perfect recipe. Gummy Zucchini Treats are easy to make and your kids will love them. A healthy snack and great addition to school lunches. This is perfect for zucchini that has been overgrown in your garden.
- 8 Cups Summer squash or zucchini peeled, seeded and cut into roughly 1/2 cubes
- 11.5 Ounce Fruit concentrate we used orange but you can use any flavor, found in the frozen section
- 11.5 Ounce Water
- Chop the zucchini into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a large skillet place zucchini, juice and water and cook gently for 30 minutes.
- The zucchini should be translucent and tender.
- Drain and spread out on a dehydrator making sure that the pieces are not touching.
- Dehydrate at 135 degrees F for 9-12 hours.
- The candy should be tacky but no longer moist.
- The zucchini will shrink as they dehydrate.
You can store in the fridge for a month or freeze.