Pickled Jalapeño Pepper Slices
Proper gut health is critical to your overall health. Lacto-fermented, or cultured vegetables are a great way to get the beneficial "good" bacteria into your gut. You should eat some form of lacto-fermentation in every meal. Lacto-fermented foods are an important part of your diet. Try this easy to make recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 Pound Jalapeño peppers sliced into 1/4 inch rings.
- 1 Tbs Sea salt
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic optional
- Gather your ingredients together.
- Wearing gloves slice the jalapeños.
- Discard the seeds if you prefer.
- Fill a half pint jar (with an air-lock lid) with jalapeño slices.
- Press down on the pepper slices to pack them into the jar.
- Add garlic.
- Separately, in a glass container mix together the water and salt to make a brine.
- Pour the brine over the jalapeños leaving 1 inch from the top for expansion space.
- Place the lid on tightly.
- Allow to ferment at room temperature for 1-3 days.
- Then refrigerate.
- It will last for months in the fridge.
- A great topping for pizzas!