Pasta With Kalamata Olives and Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
Roasting cherry tomatoes brings out the sweetness and makes for a perfectly delicious pasta dish.
- 2 1/2 Pounds Grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 Cup Olive oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbs Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 Pound Bow-tie pasta
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata olives pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Capers
- 8 Ounces Crumbled feta
- 1/4 Cup Pine nuts toasted
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F. and wash the tomatoes.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Measure your vinegar and pepper flakes.
- Mince the garlic.
- In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, oil, vinegar, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the mixture in a large baking dish and roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting chop the parsley.
- Pit and chop the olives.
- Toast the pine nuts on medium heat until they are lightly browned.
- Measure the cheese, capers and olives and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water until it is just cooked, still firm.
- The tomatoes are cooked when soft to the touch.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan and over medium heat add the tomatoes, olives, capers and parsley.
- Stir until the ingredients are mixed and heated through.
- Add the feta cheese and pine nuts and serve with your favorite crusty bread.